FAQ Profile Memberlist Usergroups Register
Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages -> Log in  
Qtek 8300 and 8310 Pictures
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> HARDWARE Printable version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kris Kumar
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 5:50 am    Post subject: Qtek 8300 and 8310 Pictures Reply with quote

http://www.coolsmartphone.com/index...rticle

"Here's some hot news from the boys at NewMobile.nl. They've got some photos of the Qtek 8300, 8310, 9000 and the 9100. The Qtek 9000 is the HTC Universal - coming soon from on several networks. However the one I'm really keen on is the Qtek 9100, which should be out as the Orange SPV M600 / M3000 amongst other names. Although all of these handsets are fantastic, I'm keeping my eye on the Qtek 9100 - which has the form factor (small enough to use as a "normal phone" but still a Pocket PC Phone) and the sideways-slide-out keyboard. This could be one hot-selling handset."

The more photographs I see of the black Qtek 8310, the more I want this Smartphone. Drool..... Get your drool buckets ready, because NewMobile.nl has published the photo gallery for the upcoming Qtek models. The Qtek 8300 photos can be accessed over here and the Qtek 8310 can be viewed over here.
Mike Temporale
Managing Editor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 6:47 am    Post subject: Re: Qtek 8300 and 8310 Pictures Reply with quote

Kris Kumar wrote:
The more photographs I see of the black Qtek 8310, the more I want this Smartphone. Drool.....

You have no idea how cool that phone really is. I was able ot hold one in my hands yesterday - if only for a minute. And it is a beautiful phone. Simply beautiful. I am a little concerned that the home, back, left, and right softkeys are all on the same level, and are all right up beside each other. I found it hard to feel out the key I wanted without looking first.

I would have supplied pictures too, if my camera didn't break yesterday morning! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Kris Kumar
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 7:34 am    Post subject: Re: Qtek 8300 and 8310 Pictures Reply with quote

Mike Temporale wrote:

You have no idea how cool that phone really is. I was able ot hold one in my hands yesterday - if only for a minute. And it is a beautiful phone.

Thanks Mike. Thanks for the torture. Crying or Very sad Now I won't be able to concentrate on anything for the rest of the day..this weekend.

We have to wait till October end for the phone to launch. And I have to wait till my wallet is full. Sad
sub_tex
Smartphone Pupil

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are we sure it's the end of October now for tmpbile to get this phone? I had previously heard just October.

End of october isn't as fun.... Laughing
cmorris
Smartphone Ponderer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will the 8310 have Wifi when it releases on T-Mo?
Darius Wey
Rogue Pocket PC Thoughts Editor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 12:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Qtek 8300 and 8310 Pictures Reply with quote

Mike Temporale wrote:
I am a little concerned that the home, back, left, and right softkeys are all on the same level, and are all right up beside each other. I found it hard to feel out the key I wanted without looking first.

That was one of my concerns too. If I were to pick between the two, I'd probably go for the 8300 - much better button layout (despite the 8310's awesome black tones).

Mike Temporale wrote:
I would have supplied pictures too, if my camera didn't break yesterday morning! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Ugh, I hate it when that happens. Sad Hopefully it won't cost you too much to fix.
Mike Temporale
Managing Editor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 8:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Qtek 8300 and 8310 Pictures Reply with quote

Darius Wey wrote:
Mike Temporale wrote:

Ugh, I hate it when that happens. Sad Hopefully it won't cost you too much to fix.

From my searches online, it appears that this problem is a very common problem with the Canon S400. It tends to happen around the two year mark - when the warranty has run out. From what I've read, Canon estimating the problem to be $150-$300 to fix. Evil or Very Mad
Mike Temporale
Managing Editor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cmorris wrote:
Will the 8310 have Wifi when it releases on T-Mo?

Nobody knows for sure at this time. Well, no one but T-Mo. Wink

It looks like HTC is allowing its customers to pick this device with or without WiFi, so it's really hard to know what the carrier is planning until it's actually been released. Sad
Mike Temporale
Managing Editor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sub_tex wrote:
Are we sure it's the end of October now for tmpbile to get this phone? I had previously heard just October.

End of october isn't as fun.... Laughing

Right, we have just heard October, so worst case would be the end of October. Hopefully, it won't come to that, but one never knows. Smile
subzerohf
Smartphone Intellectual

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Temporale wrote:
Right, we have just heard October, so worst case would be the end of October. Hopefully, it won't come to that, but one never knows. Smile

eXpansys Canada has it (i-mate SP5) for October 15. It is essentially the same phone as the Qtek, isn't it?

http://www.expansys.ca/product.asp?code=124583
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> HARDWARE All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: