FAQ Profile Memberlist Usergroups Register
Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages -> Log in  
Orange SPV C600 Pictures

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> HARDWARE Printable version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jerry Raia
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:00 am    Post subject: Orange SPV C600 Pictures Reply with quote

http://www.coolsmartphone.com/news1871.html

"Orange have sent us some nice close-up shots of the Orange SPV C600 handset which is coming soon. Have a good old gorp at them by clicking below. Click the thumbnail to get a larger shot, then click that shot to get that one even more erm.. biggerer.."

Some very nice high resolution pictures of this cool phone for your enjoyment.

[2125]
[8125]
mpaquette
Smartphone Ponderer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That phone looks awesome!
cmorris
Smartphone Ponderer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does it have more RAM/ROM than the Typhoon?

EDGE and QVGA are nice though.
Bill Harrison
Smartphone Pupil

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This looks like it could be the one for me! Having an SMT5600, I am immediately drawn to this thing. Looks to me like they took everything that makes the SMT5600 a great phone, and added to them!

WM 5.0? Check!

EDGE? Check! (Don't get me wrong, this is not as fast as wifi, but to me more important, as I spend more time in areas without wifi, and am stuck on dog slow gprs!)

Higher Resolution? Check!

Better Navigation pad (My only real complaint about the SMT5600)? Check!!

Same size? Not positive, but looks very close!

Only thing I could ask for on top of all this would be a speedier processor, but I am fairly sure it comes with the same speed. However, some have mentioned WM 5.0 speeds things up a bit. Mostly its not navigation / menus i have problems with, but some things i would like to do or see done, which just require more processor, such as emulation etc.

However, for the time being, this is looking like the best smartphone for me. I am really taking notice of some of the smaller and smaller Pocket PC phones, but have yet to see anything in the form factor of the smt5600, and could not imagine using a stylus for info input, I can really get good speeds with T9, and do so with one hand, navigation and all.

I have had many PocketPc's, My last an E805, and this puppy is much more used than any of those.
Rebecca
Smartphone Intellectual

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 6:14 am    Post subject: Cool! Reply with quote

I hope Cincular brings this baby to the US.

Finally HTC got rid of the weird scroll-stick.

I only wish this phone does not have the limited viewing angle of the 5600. And also hope it has more RAM.

By the way, does anyone knows if there is a way to increase the amount of phone memory used for RAM in Smartphones?

I remember that in the PPC you could choos how much memory to use for storage and how much for actual RAM.

Becky
sigmamason
Smartphone Neophyte

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 7:27 am    Post subject: RF??? Reply with quote

Has anybody tested this phone? How is the RF of this phone? My biggest gripe on the 5600 is the signal will drop and then come back to full strength while standing in the same spot.
I liked everything else about the 5600 except that...
drew_e
Smartphone Neophyte

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:37 pm    Post subject: ORANGE & EDGE Reply with quote

It has been reported that Orange Iin England/Scotland) & 02 have no intention of supporting Edge technology.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> HARDWARE All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: