FAQ Profile Memberlist Usergroups Register
Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages -> Log in  
Cingular 2125 Smartphone is Now Available
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> HARDWARE Printable version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kris Kumar
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:00 pm    Post subject: Cingular 2125 Smartphone is Now Available Reply with quote

http://www.cingular.com

Folks, the Cingular 2125 Windows Mobile 5.0 Smartphone is now available on Cingular's Web site for $299. With a two year contract rebate the price comes down to $199. Smile

Never before has a Smartphone's looks evoked strong responses from our readers. This Smartphone is different from the run-of-the-mill smart phones, camera phones and music phones. According to one our readers, Rebecca, it has created for itself a category called the HumpPhone. Laughing Love it, hate it; It has tons of awesome features minus the Wi-Fi, at an awesome price. Here is the specifications as per Cingular's Web site:

• Microsoft® Windows Mobile™ 5.0 Smartphone Edition
• Windows Media®Player 10 for playing music and video
• Bluetooth® connectivity for connecting wireless accessories
• 1.3 MP camera and video phone
• GPRS/EDGE High-Speed Data Access
• 850/900/1800/1900 MHz - Quad-band for international compatibility
• Large 2.2" TFT color display
• 64 MB SDRAM/64 MB Flash ROM
• Office™ Mobile - Outlook™/Word™/Excel™/Explorer™• TI OMAP 850 200MHz processor
• Pocket MSN® (Hotmail®/MSN Messenger)
• Multimedia messaging - send text, pictures and sound
• Downloadable polyphonic/full-audio ringtones, graphics and games
• Stereo audio jack for listening to music

And last but not the least, it has a hump to improve the reception. Wink

Source: All the 2125 fans
Bohemian
Smartphone Neophyte

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I got a smt5600 a bit over a month ago(so no return) and am now a existing customer under a 2 year contract. If I want to get this phone, anyone know what the cost would be?
jfreiman
Smartphone Theorist

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it may be available online, but it's not at my local Cingular owned store in San Francisco.

They don't know when it will be coming in stock, but offered to put me on a waiting list.

-John
DarienA
Smartphone Neophyte

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does this phone have a miniSD slot? I've seen a few specs listed around that said it did....
optikalsaint
Smartphone Thinker

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

optikalsaint
Smartphone Thinker

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bohemian wrote:
So I got a smt5600 a bit over a month ago(so no return) and am now a existing customer under a 2 year contract. If I want to get this phone, anyone know what the cost would be?

if you are already in a contract and cant upgrade or you want to buy this phone outright the cost is $399.99 according to my pricesheet here in the store.
optikalsaint
Smartphone Thinker

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jfreiman wrote:
Well, it may be available online, but it's not at my local Cingular owned store in San Francisco.

They don't know when it will be coming in stock, but offered to put me on a waiting list.

-John

they only get what the manager orders, you gotta go there and tell the manager to get on the ball. before a phone is released the manager is given a list of phones that are available or will be available soon and they pick and choose which ones they want at there locations. at least this is how it works in my market. since the phone is already released all they have to do is call their operations manager and put in a special request to have the phone shipped out.

dont wait for them to get it in stock because the phone has a fairly hefty retail value on it so most stores wont even just get them unless their already sold. just go and ask to place a special order. if they dont do that for you theyre not to bright because thats money out of their paycheck Wink
jfreiman
Smartphone Theorist

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

optikalsaint wrote:
jfreiman wrote:

-John

they only get what the manager orders, you gotta go there and tell the manager to get on the ball. before a phone is released the manager is given a list of phones that are available or will be available soon and they pick and choose which ones they want at there locations. at least this is how it works in my market. since the phone is already released all they have to do is call their operations manager and put in a special request to have the phone shipped out.

dont wait for them to get it in stock because the phone has a fairly hefty retail value on it so most stores wont even just get them unless their already sold. just go and ask to place a special order. if they dont do that for you theyre not to bright because thats money out of their paycheck Wink

How long do special orders take? Would I be better off ordering it off the Cingular site or try the special order?
Bohemian
Smartphone Neophyte

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarienA wrote:
Does this phone have a miniSD slot? I've seen a few specs listed around that said it did....

This site shows Slot MiniSD Yes
http://www.geekzone.co.nz/smartdevi...onemarketid=229
palmsolo
Smartphone Pupil

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this spec right? • Office™ Mobile - Outlook™/Word™/Excel™/Explorer™

I have a i-mate SP5m and don't see any Office Mobile functionality. At Mobius they said this was under development so I doubt that Office Mobile is on this device. Maybe they meant there are ClearVue readers included or something.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> HARDWARE All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10

Jump to: